Monday, April 2, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies

These are in my oven as I type!!!

3/4c butter
1c packed brown sugar
1/2c granulated sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 1/2c AP flour
2c rolled oats


I have them baking right now at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes on parchment paper.  No oil.

I cannot wait to see how they turn out but I know the batter tasted great.  This is my first attempt at Oatmeal cookies.  I was thinking of adding Flax Seed to add something healthy to it but was not sure how it would taste so I made just a regular batch to see if I even liked the recipe.

NOTES:
Batch 1: bland so added a lot more cinnamon
Batch 2: still bland
will pick up some ground clove at the store tomorrow as I think that might help
Batch 3: after sitting overnight in the fridge they turned out better.***

PHOTO TO COME once I make them again.  My 19 month old daughter loved them a little too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment