Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Freezer meals for under $300

I am working on making freezer meals over the course of this week to have meals for my daughter and myself for the next 3-4 months.  My total budget is $300. I will be mainly shopping at Aldi but have gone to Publix for a few things. I would love to use coupons but I do not have a printer currently.
I made two meals today in around 2 hours but that includes time to get juice for my toddler or helping her with a messy situation.
I will be listing the recipes as well as what I paid for the items so you can get an idea of what can be done.
A few of the planned meals:
Chili (recipe on this blog already)
Sheperd's Pie
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole (side dish)
Chicken Pot Pie
Stuffed Shells
Mini-meatloafs
Lasagna
Cinnimon Rolls for breakfast (a maybe)


Here is some of the ingredients I bought for these meals.  
I will update it again with photos of the meals after they are made and frozen. 
(with a toddler running around the table this is the best I could do.  The big package in the upper left is the 5lbs of ground beef.)

No comments:

Post a Comment