Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crockpot Beer Bread

I made this a few days ago.

start with 2C flour (self-rising is best but if you do not have it like I did not you can use all purpose and just add 1tsp baking powder and 1/2tsp salt)
12oz can of beer (I used Michalob Ultra Dragonfruit Peach...YUM, but any cheap beer will do)
1/2C sugar

Mix all ingredients.  If it is sticky keep adding flour.  It was a little runny so I kept adding flour until it was dough-like.  Put a sheet of wax paper in your crockpot covering the sides and bottom.  Place your dough in the center.  Bake on high for about 90 minutes depending on your crockpot.  I checked it with a knife to see if the center was cooked.

Let cool and enjoy.  The bread was amazing with the peach flavoring.  I ate some with just butter on it and others with peanut butter and nutella (or honey).  This is something I am going to make over a weekend and freeze so I always have it ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment