Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crockpot Beer Bread

I made this a few days ago.

start with 2C flour (self-rising is best but if you do not have it like I did not you can use all purpose and just add 1tsp baking powder and 1/2tsp salt)
12oz can of beer (I used Michalob Ultra Dragonfruit Peach...YUM, but any cheap beer will do)
1/2C sugar

Mix all ingredients.  If it is sticky keep adding flour.  It was a little runny so I kept adding flour until it was dough-like.  Put a sheet of wax paper in your crockpot covering the sides and bottom.  Place your dough in the center.  Bake on high for about 90 minutes depending on your crockpot.  I checked it with a knife to see if the center was cooked.

Let cool and enjoy.  The bread was amazing with the peach flavoring.  I ate some with just butter on it and others with peanut butter and nutella (or honey).  This is something I am going to make over a weekend and freeze so I always have it ready.




8 comments:

  1. Do you know of a good sub for the paper or have you tried making this bread without it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only ever used paper to make clean up easy. If you greased it well it may work well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing recipe I've enjoyed immensely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just now made this it is still crockpot. I ended up adding 2 more cups of flour it still a little sticky. Hope it comes out ok. Wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just now made this it is still crockpot. I ended up adding 2 more cups of flour it still a little sticky. Hope it comes out ok. Wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can use 8x4 metal pan with parchment inside,for crock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this tonight and it’s so good! I would probably add a little extra salt but other than that my family loved it!! I did use 3-4 cups of flour and a cheap light beer. Also cooked it for about 30 extra min and propped the lid open with a wooden spoon to let the moisture escape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Momhooker3...did you prop the lid with the wooden spoon during cooking?

    ReplyDelete