Friday, March 23, 2012

Easy Chocolate Icing

Ingredients:
3tbsp butter
1oz semi-sweet chocolate (can use unsweet too)
1c powder sugar
2tbsp milk
pinch of salt
2-3tbsp cocoa powder


In a saucepan melt 1oz semi-sweet chocolate and butter on low heat.  I just waited till the chocolate was "squishy" and did not spread it around as I wanted most of the chocolate to go into my recipe.

Stir butter and chocolate into powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth. (I used my Kitchenaid to mix)
Add milk as needed to make a creamier consistency.


NOTE: any left over icing can be eaten as fudge.  I put it in the fridge not knowing what was going to happen and looked at it after 24 hours and it was hard like fudge and tasted so good!

I left the cake out with this icing and it did not melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment