Friday, March 23, 2012

Easy Chocolate Cake


Ingredients:
1c all-purpose flour
1c sugar
1/2c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
3/4c milk (I used whole since that is what we have)
1/3c cooking oil
1tsp vanilla
1 egg

Preheat to 350. Use 8*8*2 baking pan or 9*1.5" round.  I used a 9*9*2 and the cake came out very thin.
Grease and flour pans.

Stir in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, soda, baking powder, and salt.  Add in milk, oil, and vanilla.  Combine on low until all combined.  Beat about 2 minutes on medium speed.  Add the egg and beat for another 2 minutes.  Pour into pans.

Bake 30-35 minutes.  I had to bake for 32 minutes in the 9*9*2 pan.
*done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean

See: Easy chocolate Icing for the icing I use on this cake


I did not even get to take a photo before they dug in...

No comments:

Post a Comment